Monday, February 22, 2010

This one time that Bug left the state for Christmas....

I'm sad.
Our boy is leaving the state for Christmas with his Dad.
{Note: For those of you who don't know I share equal custody of my son with his Father.}
Oh the joy's of co-parenting! 
This is the first time in all of his eight little years of life that I have not had him on Christmas
or shared him on Christmas with his Dad.
This year he wants to take the boy to Arizona to spend Christmas with our son's Grandpa.
EXCUSE ME, WHAT!?!
YOU WANT TO TAKE HIM WHERE?
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!
WTF!
You're wanting to take my baby away at Christmas time, how dare you!
When I was asked to make this sacrifice...
I think I almost died.
A bit dramatic, yes! But honestly I was full of all kinds of human emotions, angry being one.
But I made the decision to do the right thing, even though I wanted to do the wrong thing.
But by doing the wrong thing who is that benefiting? Nobody! 
So in making the right decision, today bug leaves.

His Step dad and I along with his Grandpa, Nana & one of his Uncle's celebrated Christmas with him last night and he opened his gifts.
 It was a good night.

Here he is with one of his gifts:
{An M82 air soft BB gun}
He's like RAMBO & Sh%t!
{some of you may be saying "an 8 year old with a BB gun?" - Well this just isn't any 8 year old. He's 8 going on 16!  This kid has been shooting a gun for quite some time now. He barrel races horses, been riding dirt bikes & quads since he was 5 and drives golf carts and cars, has been since he was just a little tot on his dad's lap and now he does it by himself.
YES you heard correctly...DRIVES! - just not legally and not on your everyday road, on a ranch.}

I left him with lots of hugs, kisses & told him I hope he has the most wonderful time ever.

In other news the husband and I are kidless for almost 2 weeks.
What ever will we do!?!

What I do know is that we will get to spend some much needed quality time together.
His work schedule has been quite crazy for the better part of 6 weeks and next week it calms down a tad bit!

Lesson's learned here: It's ok to share, it's ok to do the right thing,  it's not the end of the world, & it's ok to have adult time, because that's important too!

Tis the season to be Merry!
Follow here // Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Bloglovin //

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - xo.